Usually the development team create some application pages to park under _layouts directory.
When an application page involved User Profile Services or Deletion, the application just can’t work properly without Service Account.
Fortunately, One of the solution is deploy those applications under Central Admin Page.
That’s 2 custom applications under ‘Bucknet 2.0 Support Application’.
This is what I have in Visual Studio 2010, click the image for bigger size so that you able to see xml script in Elements.xml
First you need to create ‘Element’ with above xml script.
Map the admin folder, and create new folder for each applications.
Also, do not forget to set the ‘scope’ to ‘Site’ or ‘Farm’ in Webpart’s feature then deploy to SharePoint server.
if you want to know how to deploy an application page to Central Administration with steps. Click http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff798467.aspx for more information.
Incoming search terms:
- sharepoint 2010 custom menu central admin (17)
- sharepoint 2010 custom central admin page (9)
- sharepoint 2010 central administration custom page (5)
- sharepoint 2010 central admin custom page (5)
- how to create custom page in central administration sharepoint 2010 (4)
- deploy an application page to central administration (3)
- sharepoint central administration add custom menu (2)
- sharepoint 2010 custom link in central admin (2)
- customsing sharepoint central administration groups (2)
- create custom admin page sharepoint (2)